Mentoring for Certification
After successfully completing EFT Level 1 and Level 2 training courses, students who decide to pursue an Accredited Practitioner Certification with EFT International go through an intensive mentoring and assessment process, called Mentoring for Certification.
Mentoring for Certification includes a minimum of 6 hours of mentoring with an EFT International Trainer over the course of 6 to 9 months, while you practice your EFT skills with practice clients and write up case studies to get certified.
Mentoring requires time, effort and expertise by your Mentor to assess and evaluate your case studies, your knowledge and skills, and to provide guidance and support before certifying you as an Accredited Practitioner. My Mentoring For Certification process exceeds the required 6 hours and includes:
- 1-1 mentoring sessions which include preparing for and reviewing the exam, discussion of practice sessions, understanding and writing case studies, review of progress before certification, continuous support as you build your confidence in seeing clients as a Practitioner
- An in-depth review of 4 case studies (3 written and 1 live, in person or online) followed by collaborative discussion, relevant and meaningful feedback
- At least one group mentoring session with other practitioner candidates
The Mentoring for Certification Course fee is HKD 5,400 (to be paid in three instalments of HKD 1,800 each).
[Note: This fee applies only if you have trained with me. If you have trained with another Trainer and are seeking Mentoring to get certified, please get in touch with me to discuss.]
Additional costs (paid directly to EFTi):
£25/year to join EFT International as a Student member
£15 for the online Practitioner exam via the EFT International website
The above process for certification is expected to be completed within 6-9 months after the EFT Level 1 & 2 Training and no more than 12 months.
Please note: The EFTi Certification process does not guarantee that the practitioner-candidate will be automatically certified as an EFT Practitioner. The Trainer/Mentor must be fully satisfied with the practitioner-candidate’s demonstration of proficiency to practice EFT skillfully, professionally and ethically before certification can be awarded.
Personal EFT with a certified EFTi Practitioner
As part of your Certification process, I require that you have a minimum of 3 EFT sessions with a certified EFTi practitioner so you have direct experience of EFT as a client. This is for you to benefit from being in your client’s shoes; getting acquainted with the courage it may take to talk to a stranger about personal issues, developing an appreciation for empathy and rapport, understanding the value of being heard, and other skills which help to become an effective EFT practitioner.
From the EFTi Mentoring Handbook:
Mentoring for Certification is conducted in the context of a teaching relationship. Mentors help their Mentees identify and fill in any gaps in EFT knowledge and skills, develop their professional competence, and integrate foundational skills.
During Certification, Mentors also assess the quality of a candidate’s EFT practice – their Art of Delivery of EFT – competent, professional, and individualized application of foundational EFT skills.
Mentoring for certification includes, but is not limited to:
• Identifying areas where more guidance is needed
• Answering questions
• Offering constructive feedback and support for purposes of learning and growing
• Inspiring Practitioner-Candidates to go beyond current competencies into future possibilities
• Together with the candidate, carefully reviewing all Case Studies for purposes of both learning and assessment
• Assessing whether the candidate has integrated all foundational EFT skills, and identifying areas requiring further development
• Encouraging self-reflection and taking personal responsibility for actions and decisions
• Making sure each candidate is well-versed in EFT International policies, procedures, and ethics
• Ensuring to the best of the Mentor’s assessment ability that the candidate is capable of safe, professional practice
Accredited Certified EFT Practitioner and Trainer NQT.