“Hello. How are you breathing today?”
Quality of breath = State of being
Our fast paced lives have turned us into shallow breathers. Check your breath now: how are you breathing?
Take a deep inhale all the way down to your abdomen.
Exhale all the way out.
And then do it again.
Deep breathing brings many blessings:
- Relaxes in the body, reducing feelings of stress and anxiety
- Improves circulation of blood and oxygen in the body (fewer wrinkles, imagine!)
- Increases energy, physical and mental
- Reduces fear and pain
- Cleanses the blood of toxic stress chemicals
- Improves power of mental concentration and observation
Breathing is managed subconsciously, which is great because that means we don’t have to remember to breathe. But know that we can send calming signals to our bodymind by taking control and consciously changing how we breathe.Share this on