Life comes with ups as well as downs for all of us, and while we are usually good at processing the happiness and joys of life, we sometimes have trouble dealing with the downs. Talking with friends and family is helpful, but there are times when those closest to us make it difficult for us to hear our own voice. Getting many differing opinions may also lead to confusion and additional stress.
Counselling offers a safe and confidential space for you to voice your concerns and difficulties while being heard. A space in which you can stand back from your everyday life and reflect on what you might wish to do to change things to make them better. A counsellor is supportive and non-judgemental, someone who strives to understand thoughts and feelings from your point of view.
People seek counselling for a wide variety of reasons:
- Stressful or distressing experiences, currently or in the past, even in childhood, which need to be shared in a safe environment. These may include relocation to a new city, separation or divorce, loss of a loved one, an accident, or even witnessing something traumatic that is difficult to recover from.
- A desire to change certain behaviours, like food cravings or addictions, excessive anger, overwhelming or uncontrollable thoughts, or certain social behaviours.
- Support through a serious illness.
- Feelings of depression or anxiety.
- Feeling uncertain about a change in life path/career.
- Counselling also serves as a guide for personal development, to expand awareness and grow into one’s full potential, and so can be beneficial for anyone.
As your counsellor I listen, and help you connect to your inner resources, so you can cope with and overcome any challenges you are experiencing and live your life in a way that is most meaningful and satisfying to you.
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”
Are you living your best life? If not, what’s stopping you?
Get in touch with me for a consultation or to book a session: